Monday, June 21, 2010

Day three - Body Pump

Firstly, to cover the rest of yesterday. I had a healthy dinner; chicken breast with chilli sauce and lots of vegetables. Then instead of my usual Monday night pig-out I had 4 squares of chocolate. I savoured each one. Delicious. Got to be proud of myself for that.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed at 5.50 am again. I am actually going to have to make it 5.45 in future, I was a teensy bit late for class yesterday and a lot late today - I had trouble finding parking (so many people go to the gym early in the morning!) and I missed the whole warm-up track. I had planned to eat a banana in the car but I couldn't get the skin open (arg) until I parked. The top bit was all mushy and disgusting from my efforts to open it while peering through fogged up windows, and I didn't have time to eat it all anyway - just a bit in my hurry from the car to the gym door - so I had to do Pump with only half a banana for energy.

It went ok. I don't enjoy Pump as much as cardio classes ('enjoy' being a relative term). I know weight-bearing exercise is good for me and also it means I am not doing 6 days of cardio in a row, but I prefer to feel all sweaty exhausted after a class rather than muscle-aching exhausted. Also, I have an old shoulder injury that means I have to be very careful with lifting and I can't do all the exercises. At least I didn't have to wash my hair today as I didn't sweat much. I bet my arms will be sore tomorrow.

Speaking of sore, my calves were sore after the first day (my favorite class, 50/50 aerobics and Step), and after yesterday morning's cross-training and core class I am sore in my abs, glutes and thighs. It is kind of a good sore - it lets me know I am working hard.

I had Nut Feast cereal when I got home and then for morning tea I had a high-calorie but reasonably healthy combo of cheese, nuts (cashews, almonds and macadamias) and dried peaches. I think I had too much of each. I am still eating food more for the taste than because I am hungry. I need to learn to listen to my body more.

I try to have some carbs (not too much) and protein with each meal, so for lunch I will probably have something on toast. Tuna, or a poached egg. Cheese sounds good but I have had that today already. Or creamed corn. Even not hungry, I think about food a lot. But at least I am planning ahead so I don't binge on bad stuff.

Oh, there is still half a packet of chips in the cuboard from Saturday. I have thought about throwing it away, but it is quite a good feeling to know it is still sitting there and I have been able to resist it. Don't want to tempt myself too far tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment