Saturday, August 7, 2010

W8 D1 - 82.2kg

I only went to the gym twice in the past week and ate really badly - junk and snacks and meals smothered in creamy sauces - yet I am back down to 82.2kg. Go figure. Oh well, not complaining.

But the deal was that I go to the gym 4 times a week and I didn't do that, so I am going to have to go to early morning gym classes. I kind of want to. I want to feel like I am pushing myself, that I am really making an effort to get healthy. I'll go to 6.15am classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I did my 50/50 class this morning, worked really hard and I'm all tired and pink in the face, even after my shower. I do so much better in a group class, with a trainer up the front egging me on. It felt different this week, not that it was easy (definitely not) but last week I just started with no energy and the whole class was a struggle, much better today.

I haven't been tracking my calories, but I have started that again today. I will track even when I eat bad things and/or go over my calorie limit. It's great to start the day with exercise; both because it is done and out of the way, and because I know I have all those extra calories and don't have to deprive myself. Also, having just exercised makes me more likely to eat healthily because I feel healthy. But goodness I am tired, I could go straight back to bed now. If I didn't have a husband and children who want some attention. They already let me have a nap yesterday afternoon!

As I often complain to people, and my doctor, I am tired nearly all the time. My doctor recently ran some blood tests and there is nothing wrong with me other than a vitamin D defficiency - crazy for someone in Australia but I don't go outside much - so I am on tablets for that, when I remember to take them, and I am supposed to go out in the sun (not in the middle of the day of course) for half an hour each day. Which I still don't. Anyway, my constant tiredness seems to just be from being unfit. I can no longer blame my kids for waking me during the night. My body just isn't working efficiently, and I don't sleep comfortably at night. Exercise should help me sleep because my body will be properly tired, and losing weight will help me sleep more soundly. That is the theory anyway. I am sick of being tired and lethargic all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment