Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good Day

Day Two of the new diet and going well. This may not sound like much, but in the past I would be lucky to get through one day without a trip!

Yesterday I ate a total of 910 calories and expended 120 in exercise.
Today I ate a total of 1086 calories and expended 480 in exercise.

This is even lower than I have allowed for - I want 1000 + more when I exercise.

I have eaten nothing "bad". Protein (chicken/beef/fish) at lunch and dinner, lots of vegetables, fruit for snacks, healthy cereal for breakfast. Lots of water with a squeeze of lemon. It hasn't been a struggle yet. Passing cravings for cheese and chocolate, but knowing I would have to write it down in my little booklet and then run out of calories early were big anti-motivators.

I went to the gym this morning and did an hour of treadmill, x-trainer, and bike. It's the first time I've been on the x-trainer since I hurt my shoulder and I didn't do the arms. I was tired but I just kept going. Actually, I had more energy than many other times - not being bloated with unhealthy food must help. I hope to be able to do group classes again soon. I also walked instead of drove to pick up Aiden from childcare, as I did yesterday.

By far my biggest meal over the past two days was dinner tonight, and I feel overly full even though it was only about 400 calories. Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with a little bit of rice. Many of the additional calories came from the oil the chicken was stir-fried in, and the cashews on top. Yummy, and pretty healthy.

My mum is visiting for a couple of days. We looked at my cousin's wedding photos on facebook and both felt very uncomfortable with how we looked, we are the only overweight ones in the family. But I didn't let myself get down about it - I am already doing something to change. My mum is also going to. It is hard for her, dietary restrictions cut out most fruit and vegetables and what does that leave to fill up on with few calories?!

So, I am still feeling very motivated and strong. My calorie, fat, protein, carbohydrate and exercise levels are all good. Fibre not fantastic but I'm not sure how to get more in with my calorie restriction. Doing ok with it. Might need more dairy now that I have cut down on cheese and milk. I have bought low-fat milk for cereal and tea., but I wouldn't want to drink it. And I have yoghurt but not enough calories left to eat it. Well, I do really, considering I did quite a lot of exercise, but I am full and don't want to.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. A couple of hours later and I feel rather tired and depressed. Two whole days - I am just not getting thin quick enough! I never feel like I am doing enough. Eating too much, not working hard enough at the gym. Just generally unworthy. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete