Thursday, July 21, 2011

Binge and consequences

As usual, we had people over for supper on Thursday (last night) - we play Dungeons & Dragons. It is my binge night, unfortunately I always seem to give myself permission to stuff myself with junk.

I had spent the afternoon baking with the kids. I had bought some raspberries so we made banana raspberry muffins, some with choc-chips (the kids had a couple for afternoon tea, I didn't have any); then raspberry creme brulee, planned for dessert tonight; and with all the leftover egg whites I made lots of little meringues with cream and raspberries on top. We had some for dessert last night then the rest were my contribution to the D&D supper.

I ate one when they came out of the oven, two for dessert after dinner, and I think another three over the course of the night. I don't usually have much sugar - I'm more of a salt and fat kind of girl - and by my sixth meringue I was feeling a bit nauseated. I also had a lot of twisties. I had a cup of chamomile tea which I thought helped.

My digestive system rebelled. It has been delicate since the stomach bug picked up in China a month ago, and I had my third relapse last night. At 2.30 am I was up with stomach cramps and diarrhoea. If it follows the path of the other relapses it will last 12-24 hours. My abdomen feels bloated and crampy, and I'm amazed that there is anything left in me but apparently there is.

I stayed in bed until 10 am, the kids have been playing computer games all morning. I don't think I will be taking them anywhere today; a sad and boring end to the school holidays.

On the up side, maybe my body didn't have time to absorb all those millions of calories before my body rejected them?...

The school holidays have been full of junk food. We had fast food twice, lollies at the movies twice, biscuits at home, treats when we are out shopping. We always have some stuff, but a lot more than usual these past two weeks. So unhealthy for all of us. It is no "treat" to feel sick and fat and unhealthy. I just have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment