Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gym

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in well over a month. Probably 2 months. I realised when I was nearly there that I had forgotten to bring my new heart-rate/calorie monitor. Damn. 30 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins on the bike - fairly gentle exercise. The machines said I used more than 275 calories; but in reality it was probably less than 200. When I say it like that, it feels like a waste of an hour (plus travel time) but I can't think that way - I need to get my body used to exercise and not injure myself again. Starting slow and steady.

I weighed myself at the gym - I will only use the gym scales from now on, not my unreliable home ones - and I am 79.6 kg (175 pounds, I think). Not a bad starting point. Under 80 is good for me at the moment.

As per my plan, I have about 4 weeks of heavy editing workload (3 customers at once!) when I will be trying to squeeze in exercise when I can and get my fitness up from zero; and then I have kept 4 weeks clear to really get stuck into fitness. I had originally said 6 weeks; but another client wanted me and I felt uncomfortable asking them to wait until mid-October in 3 months (including 2 weeks for school holidays). So I gave them second half of September. I'm hoping that 4 weeks dedicated to exercise will be of some help to getting my body craving exercise. It will then be spring and hopefully easier to keep going, even while working.

I have no current plan for my food intake at the moment. I know I need to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment