Saturday, September 17, 2011

Little milestones

Saturday:

This morning I really really didn't want to go to the gym. But I had to. So I did my BodyStep class. For the first time, I added "bricks" under my Step - usually I just have it very low. I went up to intermediate level. I got through two tracks but my calves were burning and I didn't think I would make it through the whole class so I took the bricks out. I will try to use them for a bit longer each time. The second half of the class you are supposed to lower your Step anyway, so I only have to get to halfway. That is my first goal, at least. Eventually I will use two sets of bricks, moving down to one set for the second half of the class. One day!

I didn't wear my heart rate monitor today.

Then in the afternoon we did some gardening. I pruned our three big hydrangea bushes. This involves lots of squatting to get to the low bits, and various bending and stretching, and then lifting the branches into the greenwaste bin. I thought about stopping after I'd finished the first one, but decided to keep going. I think it took about 45 mins altogether. After I finished I realised that this was probably the first time ever I had done all three in one session. Usually it takes me two or three. Awesome! So maybe I am gaining a little fitness after all. I wasn't sure I was, my exercise classes always seem just as hard. But maybe that is because I am pushing myself harder.

Small milestones, but it is good to feel I am getting somewhere.

I have kept to my diet plan today, so I am feeling better about that after three really bad days this week.

I ordered a new set of bathroom scales with my frequent flyer points and it came today. I haven't tried it out yet, I will wait for tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to compare results to our old one, and the one at the gym. But I will now be able to weigh myself every day, if I want. This one tells you bodyfat percentage and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in total awe of anyone who can get through a step class, it looks so bloody tough! :)

    (thank you gazillions for your comment on friday, it was really cool to hear about Women's Health mention! )

    ReplyDelete