Friday, November 11, 2011

Queasy

Saturday:

I was flat-out finishing a project yesterday and didn't get to the gym -- but I did get the month-long project finished in time which was great. I walked to pick up the kids and had hoped to get out for a dusk walk but my husband didn't get home from work until nearly 10 pm so that didn't happen. I can't wait for him to finish doing this job in a couple of months -- he works such long stressful hours and his blood pressure is so high he will probably need to go on medication for it. Its been tough for the whole family -- the kids barely see him.

I ate poorly too; I had been shopping for party food for the weekend and ate some. And got bored and lonely in the evening after I put the kids to bed and ate more. My body was aching a bit, but I attributed it to being hunched over the computer all day with no exercise.

At 2.30 am I woke feeling horribly nauseous. Not just a bit queasy, but "about to throw up" nauseous. The ensuite toilet is next to my side of the bed so I wouldn't have far to go but I didn't end up vomiting, I lay and felt wretched for about an hour then went back to sleep and totally forgot the incident when I woke up feeling normal in the morning.

Then after breakfast today, while trying to clean the house in preparation for the party, the nausea came back and I was hunched over the toilet dry retching. I feel weak and queasy now. And have four houseguests coming in a couple of hours and then 12 little kids (and their parents) coming for a party tomorrow morning. The house is a shambles. Tim is running around trying to get everything done while I slowly do tasks I feel up to -- like washing up, where I don't have to move or bend much. We've been so busy lately that I can't really say this is the worst time to get sick, any time would be inconvenient. And I'm not incapacitated, if I stay feeling like this I can cope. But still.

photo by textlad

No comments:

Post a Comment