Saturday, May 26, 2012

Breakfasts

Sunday:

I have tried porridge, quinoa porridge, rvyita, and today the buckwheat pancakes from a WW cookbook. All horrible. If they were the only food available and I was starving; then yes, I would eat them. But they aren't and I'm not so I won't.

As I've said before, I don't really like cereal and I am not that keen on eggs -- certainly not every day even if I had time to cook them on weekdays -- so I am really struggling to find something healthy. I'm down to toast, or cruskits when I am feeling weak-willed.

I am toying with the idea of non-breakfast foods for breakfast. My dad is a big meat eater and for preference will have left-overs from dinner for breakfast. When he visits I try to make sure I have some left-over roast for him. Should I try something like that for myself? "They" do say you should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I enjoy a bigger meal at night but maybe I could try swapping breakfast and lunch.

Or maybe just stick with the toast, and find a few different toppings for my single slice. Peanut butter, cheese, creamed corn. Hmmm, that is all I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment