Monday, July 2, 2012

Birthday!

Monday:

I had a really lovely day today, if not a particularly healthy one. It started with presents in bed then croissants for breakfast. After taking the kids to school (I walked!) I went to the movies. There was a bit of a mix-up there, I had seen ads for a movie about Snow White -- a comedy with Julia Roberts as the evil queen. So I saw "Snow White and the Huntsman", which turned out to be a completely different movie, with Kirsten Stewart (Bella from Twilight) as Snow White and Charlize Theron as the evil queen. Why are there two movies about Snow White on at the same time? This one was gloomy and serious and not very good. Charlize Theron's acting mainly consisted of shouting, no-one has ever claimed Kirsten Stewart can act, the plot was silly, and the editorial work on the movie was terrible. I enjoyed what I could and let the rest go. Aparently the one I actually wanted to see was called "Mirror Mirror." Oh well.

I wandered around the shops a bit and bought myself a lip balm from the Body Shop then met Tim for lunch at our favourite Chinese. We had a table booked and arrived at almost the same time but were shown to different tables with one table between us. Luckily Tim noticed me before too long. We had some lovely chocolates from Koko Black for dessert then I dropped him back at work and went home for about half an hour before getting the kids (walked again!).

Shortly after that we headed off to the gym where the kids did their Gecko Kids session and I did half an hour on the treadmill, my first exercise in some weeks. It went well, I felt fine and did 4 "sprints". I walked at 4.5 km/h and jogged at 7.0. Of course the girl next to me was walking at 7.0 and jogging at 10.5! I'll speed up in time, but 10.5 will always be running nearly flat out for me, my legs are so short. I think I got to 11 once for about 30 seconds.

Home and started dinner, then Tim called to say he wasn't feeling well so we went and picked him up. Bummer if he has finally succumbed to my germs after holding out for a month. I finished making the crumbed lamb cutlets with broccoli in cream sauce and for dessert a chocolate raspberry mousse concoction. Mmmmm.

I am feeling rather full this evening. I used 61 PP today, more than double my allowance, and used up all my weeklies yesterday & today, plus my handful of activity PP, and I am on -5 for the week! I'll have to earn those back, and be very good for the rest of the week. Of course it is a shame to eat so much and undo the good work of the last few days, but then it was my birthday. Back on the wagon tomorrow. I've had a really good day; the food and the rest, and I am not going to spoil it with regrets. Non, je regret rien!

No comments:

Post a Comment