Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chocolate croissant and not much running

Saturday:

Yesterday was a bit of a day off, exercise-wise, just the half hour total walking the kids to and from school. I did shopping and various other errands, a tradesman came, then a friend I haven't seen for a while came over for afternoon tea and a chat.

Today was mainly a quiet day at home, with a BBQ/kids' birthday party at a park at lunchtime. I took a cheese and tomato sandwich instead of eating greasy sausages, but did eat plenty of snack food. Then I went for a 40 min walk.

My calories and fat/fibre/etc balance has been really good for the past few days -- until today. A bit too much party food, and way too much saturated fat. Chocolate croissants aren't entirely healthy -- who knew? I was going to have some icecream for supper but after adding up my calories for the day, didn't. I'm certainly not hungry. But one thing I noticed was that the sugary high-GI party food made me want to keep eating junk all day.

I'm a bit worried about the race which is a week from tomorrow (apparently the same day as the NY marathon, which BitchCakes is running in for the first time, mine is a little shorter at 3.4 km), my "running" training is mainly walking still. I'll get to the finish line eventually, but whether anyone else will still be there is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment