Friday, November 30, 2012

When shopping is exercise

Saturday:

Knowing that yesterday was going to be stinky-hot, it seemed like a good day to be in the shopping centre getting Christmas presents. It wasn't supposed to just be about my two kids, but that's how it turned out. I bought ... a lot.

Including a quick grocery shop at the end, snarfing down a late lunch burger as I pushed around the trolley as I was running out of time, I was walking around for more than five hours. Some of it standing still looking at things, of course, but also carrying heavy bags and pushing trolleys (three trips to the car); surely some of that counts as exercise.

By the time I got home I was truly exhausted, with aching legs and feet, and no desire to do anything more than sit in front of the TV.

Today I spent about two hours wrapping everything while the kids were out at a birthday party.

This morning we went out as a family to the shops and I managed to find things for my mother and brother. Now I just have to shop for my husband. And some other relatives. It all seems pretty under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment