Wednesday, January 9, 2013

No weight gain!

Wednesday:

Again I've somehow managed to avoid gaining weight over a holiday period! This morning I was 78.7 kg, slightly less than before we went away. Not sure how I managed that, but I'm certainly not complaining! My husband said he put on 3 kg over Christmas + the holiday.

Today I've eaten some good healthy food (and a little bit of not so healthy), I've done an hour of intense exercise (in this heat, even under the air conditioner I was moderately close to fainting; so that is good, right?) and I've had seven glasses of fluid. I've tracked. I feel like I'm hitting my goals for the day.

I also called a client, took my son for a haircut and to the library, did the grocery shopping, and booked both children into swimming lessons. On a roll!

One thing I haven't done yet (but will, before bed) is do some writing. I am determined that this will be the year of the novel and that is my primary non-health resolution for the year. I edit other people's novels for a living but never do any of my own writing. I've taken about four years to write the first couple of chapters of the current attempt. But this year -- a little bit every day (just like exercise) and it will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment