Thursday, February 14, 2013

WIWT: 78.5 kg

Thursday:

78.5 kg. I don't like that number. I don't like it at all. I was down to 77.7 just a few days ago but it's up and stubbornly staying up. I felt quite miserable about it this morning and didn't want to do anything but I made myself go for a long walk. Elderly couples and women in high heels were cruising past me. It took about half an hour before my body started to loosen up and I increased my speed and started to enjoy it.

My fluid intake has slumped, I'm back down to around six glasses a day and struggling to force down any more.

I'm not eating any of the foods on my banned list, and I'm not eating too many calories overall, but I'm eating too much chocolate. A couple of squares twice a week has gone up to four (large) squares every day.

I don't know if I'm tired and unhappy because I'm not eating enough carbs (I'm having plenty of fruit and vegetables, and a starchy food like rice or potato once a day, but it's a lot less than I used to have) or for some other reason. I had a headache all day yesterday. I don't have a lot of energy. Gravity feels too heavy. But I don't want to grumble and complain and give excuses all the time. I want to be cheerful and perky.

I don't understand the paleo diet. They seem to ban honey and grains, but paleolithic man would have had both, according to anthropologists. Neanderthals ground and ate grains. It's not science, it's just something someone made up.

Maybe I should become a fruitarian. Stop killing lettuce! The silence of the carrots! Only eat things that were designed by their creator to be eaten, like apples and cucumber. Things with seeds (the plant wants you to eat the fruit and poop out the seeds with some accompanying fertiliser). I suppose milk would be fine too, that is created specifically to be consumed. And honey. Sure, it's designed to be eaten by the bee (or drunk by the calf, in the case of cow's milk), but close enough. Isn't so weird that we find the thought of human milk distasteful after a couple of years old, but we drink milk from other animals?! We squeeze a cow's bosoms (or get someone else to, anyway) and drink that, but almost no-one would eat human-milk yoghurt. I think cancer patients sometimes drink donated human milk. Full of antibodies or something.

That was a bit of a tangent. But it cheered me up.

I'll work on increasing fluids and exercise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment