Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lots of chocolate cupcakes

Saturday:

Today we did a bit of Christmas shopping as a family and put up the tree. After dinner I made and iced 36 delicious chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for a baby shower tomorrow. It took rather longer than I expected, and now it's bedtime and my back is aching!

Not really sure why I was asked to make cupcakes; the mother-to-be's sister-in-law is the cupcake queen of our family, she's done a decorating course and everything. Maybe she's doing some too (in which case mine will look rather pathetic beside hers, but of course will still be very tasty) or maybe she was given other duties. Anyway, I was very happy to do it.

My mum still isn't feeling any better, she'll get some more blood test results back on Monday. We are going to see her tomorrow before the baby shower. Then Tim and Aiden are off with the other boys to play Laser Zone while the girls sit around and eat cakes and play games like guessing how big the pregnant woman's stomach is.

The kitchen is a bit of a mess but I don't care, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. My kitchen is currently a bit of a mess. And off to bed for me too. :D

    ReplyDelete