Saturday, November 9, 2013

Party accomplished

Sunday:

The past few days I've spent most of my time shopping and preparing for my little boy's seventh birthday. The party was this afternoon and went really well. Exhausting though! I haven't been completely "with it" lately, I thought I was coming down with something but everyone says it's a really bad allergy season so it's probably that. I've been a bit fogged so my decision-making skills haven't been perfect, I even didn't leave myself enough time to make the cake and had to go out this morning to buy a generic shop one which I iced myself (it had to look like a snake).

I offered a mix of foods, healthy turkey burgers plus unhealthy meat pies for lunch, then some chips and lollies as well as yummy fruit skewers which I think were the most popular item. Watermelon, strawberries, mango and grapes stuck on a skewer. Yummy. Thank goodness summer fruit is starting to come in. I had a bit of everything but I never eat much when I am running around busy. Left-overs will be more of an issue.

After everyone left, Aiden went off to his room and put together the Star Wars Lego kit that was one of our presents to him, all by himself! Very impressive, I thought, usually daddy helps. We also got him a remote control helicopter which I thought might be too difficult but it didn't take him long to get the hang of it. My little boy is growing up. Seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment