Sunday, February 9, 2014

Diet buddy

Sunday evening:

A friend of mine texted me tonight that she is starting a new health regime tomorrow (Monday always feels like a fresh start, doesn't it) and was looking for a diet buddy. I was already planning to start (again) so I said I would. She wants to lose 10kg in 2 months - I assume that is all she needs to lose, she isn't very overweight - but I am going to aim for 5kg in 2 months which I think is more achievable. Also I have 25kg to lose so I need to be in for the long haul.

I think having someone to be accountable to will help.

The plan is the basic idea of reducing junk food and exercising more. I have been very slack on both fronts all year so far. The only thing I've been doing well is increasing my water intake, and that is probably because of the extreme heat here. I've actually been really thirsty, which is unusual for me.

I've decided to get up half an hour early and do half an hour exercise, a minimum of four days a week (I have one early uni morning so not that day). And be more active on the weekends as well.

I've had heartburn nearly every evening this week, annoying. Not sure why, eating the same things as usual. And the clammy night sweats are increasing, even on cool nights. Hello peri-menopause. All the more reason to get control of my weight now. It only gets harder from here on.

No comments:

Post a Comment