Sunday, April 6, 2014

New mask

Monday:

I've been having a bit of trouble with the mask for my CPAP not staying on properly so I called them today. Even though my follow-up appointment wasn't until Friday they managed to fit me in today which was lovely of them. I have two new mask arrangements to try, one of them feels much more secure, so I'll see how it goes.

The technician also looked at the information captured by the machines and while I'm wearing I'm not having apnoea events (average of 0.1 events per hour) so I just have to use it consistently. At the moment I'm still taking it off in the night, after about 4 hours.

It was really good to hear that it is working and therefore worth the effort, I needed to hear that today. I am super tired. Forgot my phone (never do that), walked away from the bakery leaving my bread sitting on the counter, missed two turn-offs when driving, walking up to school to get the kids was like running a 5k.

Aside from that, I am doing ok.

Sad thing this afternoon. Mother of someone who recently died contacted me to see if I had any memories of him or knew anything about his book, apparently he contacted me to edit his manuscript and got a quote but never sent it to me. I wasn't able to tell her anything, I didn't even remember him unfortunately (a couple of emails three years ago that didn't lead to anything, so I'm not really surprised). She is self-publishing his book in his memory. I felt bad having to say I'd never even seen his book and didn't really remember him. He was only 22 when he died.

Cuddle your children while you can.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie, so sad about the 22 year old!!! Cuddle your children when you can--such lovely advice. :-)

    ReplyDelete