Thursday, June 19, 2014

The toothpaste spit arc

Friday:

I've been trying hard not to complain too much about the constant sleep deprivation from having a puppy who needs to go out a couple of times a night, but there was at least one funny result of being frequently half-asleep. I was brushing my teeth at bedtime and turned sideways to dry my hands at the same time as spitting out the toothpaste. Luckily the dirty clothes basket is right under the hand towel so most of the arc of spit went on dirty clothes. I had to laugh at myself.

Less fun is the struggle to get any creative work done, I spend more time staring at the screen dopily than actually writing anything. Tim is really feeling it too, he works long hours and rides his bike to and from work and needs his sleep. Oh well, I keep telling myself this is a relatively short stage.

1 comment:

  1. Puppies are so cute! I can relate to your staring at the screen...oh my...I once took a year to complete a project I originally vowed would require 90 days. I was being very optimistic! What I love about this post, aside from your half-asleep toothpaste spitting talents, is your positive perspective: "...this is a relatively short stage." My best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete