Thursday, September 4, 2014

Carb cycle weigh in

Friday:

Today is my official weigh in day even though it has only been five days. I assume they want weigh in to be after a low carb day so it's at your lowest point for the week - today is high carb and tomorrow is my free day so my weight could well go up a bit by Sunday. I think there is a fair bit of fluctuation with carb cycling as you retain a lot more water on the higher carb days. As long as I weigh in the same day every week it should give the general pattern.

Starting weight (last Sunday): 82.6 kg
Today (5 days of cycling): 80.7 kg

I lost 1.9 kg! Yay. That is so awesome. I've felt for the past couple of days that my pants have been a little bit looser. Soon I will be under 80. Weight loss is so motivating.

I've eaten so many vegetables and no junk. Five days with no junk is a big deal for me. I certainly haven't been going hungry with all that protein and fibre, and I know that I have a treat day on Saturday so I don't feel deprived.

I put up an ad online this morning, to sell Thor. I had an inquiry within an hour! I wasn't expecting that. They are coming here tomorrow morning to meet Thor and, all going well, they will take him then. I have very mixed feelings, but I know that it is best for my situation right now. I had two more inquiries before I took the ad down, so I've got the phone number of the second one for if the first one falls through. All three callers had kids and other pets, so I'm sure he's going to be fine. I hope he doesn't chase the cats - for his benefit more than theirs, I'm sure he'd get a nasty swipe on the nose.

We had a brisk walk after lunch trying to beat the closing weather. Only got a few drops of rain. Before that I had a little jump on our trampoline and I put Thor up with me. He loved it. I was only boinging gently and he was sliding around wagging his tail and barking happily. But I had a lot of trouble getting him off again - he didn't want to! I had a trampoline as a child, although I remember more sitting on it chatting to friends as a teenager than actually jumping, especially in summer when we put a big puddle of water on it to sit in. It must have been waterproof, back then, because it would stretch down into quite a deep pool. I've hardly ever used the trampoline we have now. It is very tiring on the calves, as an unfit adult. A little bounce is fun, though. I'm sure the weave is looser, so water goes straight through it. Tim hoses the kids while they jump, on hot days.  Aiden uses it nearly every day after school.

I didn't take photos today; but I had eggs & toast, salad veggies and tea for breakfast; cheese, a tangelo (cross between a mandarin and a grapefruit), cucumber and carrot for morning tea; tacos for lunch; yoghurt with raspberries, beetroot and tea for my afternoon snack; and I will be having lemon chicken, potato, onion, broccoli, asparagus and snow peas for dinner. I'm sure it was too much fat for a high carb day, but I'm trying to keep it down.

I had a good sleep last night, didn't wake until 6:40, and Tim got up so I got to stay in bed a bit longer. I felt much better. Although I did doze off while waiting for the kids to get home! It will take me more than one good night to catch up. But a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I hope I have as much success; I weigh in tomorrow morning.
    -FogDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the loss, and the looser pants! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Natalie, you are doing so well with the carb cycling. The trampoline sounds fun, but it would kill my knees.

    ReplyDelete