Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Floriade again and some good news

Wednesday:

We took dad and his girlfriend to Floriade. A little cooler today, but still lovely. Another slow walk, at the speed of a elderly couple in a crowd (not breaking any records here), we did 4 km in 1 hr 40 min. But the map on RunKeeper shows a strange detour that we certainly didn't make. So it was probably more like 3 km. My pacer (steps per day app), on the other hand, is telling me I've only done 11 steps today. It's done that a couple of times lately, not that I bother to check it much, saying I haven't moved at all when I've had a fairly active day. So I deleted the silly thing.

The kids also had a short play at the "castle" - that is what we call it, I have no idea if it has an official name. A collection of stone crawl tunnels with ladders up to slides.


I think we're halfway through this 50 km walking challenge and I've done about 13.5, so I need to pick up the pace a bit (if you'll pardon the pun). Actually I need to increase the distance, not the pace. It only counts formal walks, not random meandering around the house during the day.

Our visitors left straight after the morning outing so we had a quiet afternoon. I had a nap on the lounge. All this unaccustomed sunlight really makes me sleepy! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

I got some really good news tonight, the owner of the other car involved in my bingle yesterday texted me to say the scratch was minor and would buff out so the insurance company wasn't going to take any action. Yay! I'd hated to think of that money wasted. Very happy about that.

2 comments:

  1. That playground was my highlight of our trip to Floriade each year. It makes me so happy to know it's still there. It truly is one of the better playgrounds out there for stimulating kids' imaginations.

    And yay! That's some good news news on the insurance front. Nice comfort of mind too knowing that it's not going to impact anyone's record either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love that playground too. I think they'd rather hang around there than look at the flowers. Actually I think they're only keen on visiting Floriade because there are stalls with free samples of hot chilli sauce and fudge.

      Delete