Friday, October 3, 2014

Sanctuary

Friday:

Today we did the shopping, and went to the library, and saw the movie The Boxtrolls - which we all enjoyed.

Later we were halfway through dinner (not expecting Tim home for a while, this week has included home-times of 10:30pm, 1:30am and 9:30pm) when my father-in-law and his partner turned up on the doorstep. I had known they were visiting this weekend but I had assumed maybe Saturday lunchtime, not Friday night! I hastily redistributed dinner for six instead of four people and notified Tim it was time to come home. It worked out ok, not the best situation for a planner like me but I adapted.

But now my house is full of political argument and table thumping and the same tirades against various things that I have heard so many times before. It is no longer my sanctuary. Two more days of this.

2 comments:

  1. Eeek! I'd probably run away from home if my inlaws showed up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! Your in-laws sound kinda funny/quirky in a weird sort of way. Hm, in a way you could make a TV show about hah! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete