Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I won dietbet!

Wednesday:

I won my first dietbet! My weigh loss had stalled, still 600 grams to go, even though I was eating clean and counting calories. So for two days I cut right down on carbs, which also meant a natural reduction in calories, and concentrated on drinking lots of water. Without carbs I had little energy to exercise, but I did some walking and languid dancing. This morning I got up early, too much suspense to sleep, and got on the scale. And my weight had finally dropped to the required level! 80.7 kgs. A total loss of 3.5 kgs (7.7 pounds) over the four weeks of the dietbet.

Submitted and verified, I'm a winner. I won't know how much money I've won until everyone has weighed in, because the pot is shared between the winners. I will use it to buy myself another charm for my reward bracelet - it's been a long time since I've earned a new charm!

Then I had an early breakfast. Carbs! Oh beautiful carbs. Yummy toast.

A combination of success and carbs have made me a happy girl this morning.



My plan now is to relax my diet a bit until after Christmas (I said relax, not binge). And I'll definitely do another dietbet next year. I loved the supportive chat on the forums and the whole competition thing. I loved having a finishing line to aim for, not "this is my life now". They have 6 month challenges, but that is too long for me. One month is good.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I start my DietBet on Monday.... hopefully all goes well! Maybe next year we can meet up on the same game. Assuming I don't bomb this one and swear them off for good!

    ReplyDelete