Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Resolutions for 2015

Thursday:

I thought I should make a few resolutions. Three is a good number.

Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. (Monty Python)

1. First up, since this is a weight loss blog after all, I will continue to try to lose weight. I weighed 82.1 kg this morning. My plan is to do three dietbets in the first half of the year; which, if successful, should get me down under 75 kg. I've been trying to get there for years. I skimmed that weight for approximately three seconds when I was doing Weight Watchers, then went straight back up again. Losing 10% of my weight would be an awesome start, and then I'll see where I go from there.

2. Something that has become very relevant recently, I need to learn how to deal with stress. I don't mean to stop feeling sad, worried, angry, or whatever emotion is appropriate to the situation - but I do need to cope with it better when it over a long period. Right now I have so much trouble sleeping and my stomach is churning most of the time, and any tiny extra problem like a change to plans or having to disagree with someone or being asked to come out of my cave just tips me over into a crying jag, or nausea, or a spike of adrenalin into "fight or flight" mode.

I suck at meditation but obviously some kind of calming technique is needed. Breathing exercises or something. My mind is always on a hamster wheel, even when I'm not particularly stressed, so I think it would help me through "normal times" as well as bad.

3. Polish my book, let others read it and comment, finish editing and look for a publisher! And write/start on the sequel. I am a procrastinator and I let everything get in the way of what I really want. Any excuse will do. Sometimes its a valid excuse, often it isn't. But I did some great work in 2014, if a bit more slowly than I would like, and I will continue that.

Three will do. I hope everyone had a great NYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment