Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Foggy

Tuesday:

I didn't write yesterday because I was in some kind of time warp where minutes and hours kept disappearing from my day. Like in the morning I sat down to do some desk work, wasn't very productive so got up to exercise and it was already 11:00, not 10:00 as I had thought. And daylight savings doesn't change here for another couple of weeks so it isn't that. I went out and took an hour and a half to do a small grocery shop. What was I doing, did I fall asleep leaning on the trolley? I don't even know where the afternoon went.

I did half an hour Fantasia exercise and ate well until evening, where I ate about 500 unnecessary calories because I was tired.

Today we all accidentally slept in for half an hour. We never use an alarm clock unless we have to get up really early for a flight or something, we just always wake up on time. Today was a strange exception. I was dopey and tired all morning and really depressed as well most of the day. Tim either has bad hayfever or has a cold, and I now suspect I am fighting something off or maybe hayfever too. It could be affecting my mood and my ability to keep track of time.

I spent the morning out present shopping for my husband (Saturday) (successful) and my sister-in-law (Sunday) (unsuccessful). Despite tiredness and general sadness I resisted getting any junk food and came home to a healthy lunch. Plus a couple of chocolate biscuits, the last ones from the packet that I should have thrown out days ago but didn't. At least they lasted nearly a whole week, since last Wednesday night. I had planned to go to the gym after shopping but that didn't happen. Kind of lucky, because straight after I'd eaten there was a knock at the door and it was the loans officer from the bank, I had completely forgotten the appointment. Shows how foggy I am.

The upshot of various factors like work and finances means it makes sense for us to start looking to move in two or three months. So I guess that is what we will do. Gives us time to work on this house a bit. This afternoon I set the kids a quest to fill a bag with rubbish from each of their rooms, which they did easily, and we also went through clothes and filled three big bags with too-small things to go to charity. So that is five bags less of clutter in the house already. It's a start.

Report card:
Diet: Poor, but I'm giving myself some points for it not being a lot worse.
Exercise: Poor.
Water: Poor.
Sleep: Good, but not nearly enough.
Mental health: Poor.

I do feel like I'm coming down with something. My face feels like it weighs twice as much as it should. I prescribe rest and chicken soup.

5 comments:

  1. Natalie, I don't know if you read or follow Christine's blog but I think this post she wrote in 2009 might help you...

    http://chrislivessimple.blogspot.ca/2009/06/being-nice-instead-of-healthy.html

    I also experience time wrap, doing some errands not wasting time and on my return looking at the clock and there is 2-3 hours missing! Maybe I'm just doing grocery extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting blog. I don't know if this particular post applies to me though. I don't think being too nice is one of my barriers to weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie what I really love about Christine post: We are worth it! We matter! She was putting herself and her health first because of it.

      We all need once in a while to remember we are worthy, we deserve to be what we want to be, there is a price to get there, but once we do get there, the price was in reality one of the reward.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that your life is so stressful right now, but things will look up. I had a particularly stressful year in 2010, when just about every bad thing that could happen did. But 2011 was so much better. And when it is a little less stressful, your report card will improve a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool on you coming home for a good lunch.

    ReplyDelete