Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Glucose tolerance

Tuesday:

This morning was my biennial glucose tolerance test for diabetes. It involves drinking a revoltingly sugary drink (75g of sugar, twice as much as in a Coke) then sitting still and feeling queasy for two hours while they take tests of your blood and urine. Easy! Compared to going to the dentist yesterday, it was like a morning in a luxury resort. Results in a few days.

Home for lunch and some work trying to organise the roof being fixed (another tradie coming Friday), the TV fixed (trying to decide whether to pay the exorbitant price I've been quoted or just buy a new one), the curtains installed (in two weeks) then off to the hairdresser. I hadn't had my hair cut for a while because I am trying to grow it longer again, but it was looking really ragged and needed to be neatened up. As many women (and maybe some men) would know, that in-between stage is very tricky! It looks ok I think, I'll know better after I've washed it and done my own styling because I could never blow-dry like this again even if I wanted to.

Report card:
Diet: Ok.
Exercise: Poor.
Water: Good.
Sleep: Ok. A bit better.
Mental health: Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment