Thursday, June 18, 2015

Not feeling very perky

Thursday:

My Fitbit says I'm sleeping better but it doesn't feel like it. I feel exhausted and yuck. Definitely trying to fight off some kind of illness, it seems without much success. Just wanted to collapse in front of the TV. Alas, my schedule was a bit full for that. I don't think I've been so busy in my life as I have these past few weeks! At least tomorrow involves me sitting at home while the roof guy comes about the leak, the cleaner comes back to do the floors, and someone comes to pick up our broken TV for repair. Easy.

Well I got my To Do list done then after the kids got home I took a nap for an hour.

I was a bit blasé in the last post about using our old TV while the newer one is repaired. It is so small, a squat cube that weighs more than the big flat screen. I laugh to think I considered it quite large when we bought it ten years ago. Watching it is quite a different experience to our large screen. We can't even plug in the Xbox, so can't watch Foxtel on it. Had to use Tim's computer to watch RuPaul's Drag Race last night. My computer screen is quite small too, since my other one broke, so I'm downsizing all over the place. Such a first-world problem isn't it! Oh dear, my TV doesn't take up half the wall any more, woe is me, my life is so hard.

The highlight of my day today was being able to give directions to the Post Office to an elderly lady. She thanked me so nicely and I just felt really good! It only cost me a few seconds but I was able to help someone who was lost. It made me think there might be something in this helping others idea.

Report card:
Diet: Ok.
Exercise: Poor. Still raining, and I feel a bit unwell.
Water: Poor.
Sleep: Poor.
Mental health: Good.

1 comment: