Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Third time lucky

Tuesday:

I went to the RTA again today with all my fingers and toes crossed. Third time lucky, I only had to wait about half an hour and then my form and documents were all complete and correct. There was a bit of an issue, for some reason the RTA's computer couldn't find me on the Births Deaths and Marriages computer to confirm my (original) marriage certificate. But after about ten minutes of trying and pen-twirling, the staff called another lady over and then it worked straight away. Doesn't that always happen when you get your supervisor or IT help desk or plumber or whatever looking over your shoulder. I swear it didn't work a moment ago! Anyway, I walked out with a NSW driver licence and that is what I've been trying for the past couple of weeks so I was happy. And the photo was better than the last one, too.

Spent more time after school and in the evening working on Jasmine's hair. I think I am making some progress, but it is slow going. A lot of hair ends up in the comb, but the section of smooth tangle-free hair is slowly growing. Still less than a quarter.

I went for a short walk this morning, my first morning walk since last Tuesday. Which means I got bin day again! Walking past all those lovely fragrant garbage bins. Oh well. If I do it more regularly, it won't always be bin day.

No comments:

Post a Comment