Monday, February 15, 2016

Nothing to say

Tuesday:

I didn't blog yesterday because I couldn't think of anything interesting to say. I do much the same things every day. I can (and have in the past) give you a calorie by calorie breakdown of what I ate and what I did for exercise, how much water I drank, whether or not I meditated, whether I got a good night's sleep, but really all that gets old after... what... five and a half years of blogging? I'm not stopping blogging! But maybe some days if I truly don't have anything to say, then I won't say anything.

Because I work from home I don't have a lot of interaction with other people apart from family (and I don't say a lot about them because they have a right to privacy). Today at least I met the neighbours we'd never seen! I was out checking the mail when the mother and one girl walked past and stopped to say hi. They seemed nice. We'd met the elderly couple with the Labrador dog on the other side a few times (always when I was looking unkempt!) but had only heard these people splashing joyously in their pool, never seen them. They have three girls, I think similar to my kids' ages, so it would be nice for Jasmine in particular to meet up some time. Now that I have at least spoken to the mother and she doesn't seem like a crazed drug addict or anything, I should suggest an after-school play date.

I'm finding it really hard to settle in to write at home. Maybe I'm just not used to it after such a long break, maybe it's my desk being covered in various papers (still haven't found the key to the filing cabinet, and there is another stack I haven't even looked through, and a whole box of stuff beside the desk) and it feels very cluttered. I might try taking my laptop up to the library to avoid distractions.

2 comments:

  1. I had druggy neighbours and now there's no-one there. On the other side I have the most lovely couple! We should hang out, but we don't really have the time. Going to have to get around to doing the things I feel like doing, instead of just work! I love working in the library, but I get distracted by all the good books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with not blogging when you have nothing to say. Sometimes there are days like that!

    ReplyDelete