Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fifteen: Kung Fu

Tuesday:

Another good day, food-wise, despite a day-three carb-withdrawal headache (three days since eating sugar or starchy carbs). I am struggling a bit with the other elements of the plan; no exercise, poor sleep, and not enough water. But I did do a meditation. And I'm very happy with my eating.

The kids and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 3, which the kids had already seen with daddy but were happy to see again. We'd planned to see Zootopia but by the time I got around to booking all the good seats were gone and I didn't want to sit in the front two rows. I thought the movie was good, like all that franchinse. And I resisted what is always a very temptation-laden environment for me, I took along a piece of cheese and some grapes.

Yesterday during the grocery shopping I said the kids could get a food treat. Jasmine chose chewing gum (I thought that was weird), and Aiden chose a pomegranate! I don't buy them often as they are expensive and messy, but he wanted that instead of chips or lollies so I got him one. And I got myself fresh raspberries for the next day's breakfast yoghurt. (I usually use frozen raspberries.)

I think I mentioned before that a piece of furniture we bought for Aiden before Christmas was missing a piece - the base of one drawer. Months and several phone calls later they said they finally had a replacement and would sent out the tradesman (the same one who put it together originally). And the tradesman called that afternoon to say it was the wrong piece. And he'd now ordered the right piece. This was weeks ago, still haven't heard anything. Do I demand they take the whole item back and give me a refund? I don't really want to do that because it matches other items in his room, it was part of a set. But months are passing and they never contact me, I have to hassle them regularly to even find out if anything has been done. Arg! I need Tim to ring and get tough.

B: fresh raspberries and yoghurt, tea.
S: vegetable soup.
L: chicken and salad.
S: cheese, grapes.
D: taco salad, milk.

7 comments:

  1. LOL are no exercise, poor sleep, and not enough water elements of your plan? Still laughing about this.

    I'm glad to see that you didn't do this activity: Diving face-first into a cake ha ha ha

    Good job on the healthy food choice for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe I need to rethink my plan? Change it to 30 minutes exercise daily, refreshing sleep, and 12 cups of water? Maybe that would help.

      Delete
  2. I've seen the first two but haven't seen the 3rd. I've always seen them on dvd/bluray never in the theater. I like the franchise but not that much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoy them but it's really for the kids.

      Delete
  3. Kung Foo Panda - great fun I'm led to believe!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen four movies already this year, only one a kids movie, could be a record for me!

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking consumer affairs!!!
    How cute are those "treat" choices? Love it!

    ReplyDelete