Monday, April 18, 2016

Twenty one: zoodles

Monday:

Monday is my official weigh in day. I was a bit scared to get on the scales today. Not because of one piece of chocolate, but I did have more carbs than usual last night. A couple of crackers, a small piece of potato, half an ear of corn... it all adds up. And I was right to be scared. The extra carbs have made me retain water and I was back up to 80.5 kg! Damn. I know I will lose it again quickly. Back to the straight and narrow this week!

I am still down 1 kg this week, 2.5 kg in three weeks. And my jeans are a little baggy in places.

I'm going into the city with my sister-in-law Ping and our kids on Wednesday, to the Aquarium. Last night for some reason I happily agreed with her that while there we would get a cronut (croissant/doughnut) or go to the chocolate café on the harbour. What was I thinking? I wasn't thinking! I will obviously let her know that I won't be indulging this time. I'll negotiate lunch carefully and take a healthy snack for if I need it. There is no way I am throwing away my progress.

Today I stuck to my food plan and was under my calorie budget. We did the shopping and I didn't buy any junk. I bought bread rolls for the kids to have with their chicken for lunch, and I didn't have one even though they smelled divine. I let Jasmine make Dutch pancakes in the afternoon but I didn't have any, despite her offering several times and them looking golden and delicious. I've done much better with water today.

B: cheese, cucumber, tomato, tea.
L: chicken, salad.
S: watermelon, tea.
D: bolognaise on zucchini zoodles.

I make the zoodles out of two medium zucchinis. A big plateful is 250 grams, only 38 calories and 4 grams of carbohydrate. Good value! I enjoy the bolognaise sauce just as much as when I have it on pasta.

7 comments:

  1. Hey if you need suspenders to hold your jeans up, let me know, I'll send you a pair ha ha ha

    You are doing great, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just see myself in huge baggy clown pants with suspenders.

      Delete
  2. I had noodles this week too! I think I light it better than pasta! It's lighter and makes the sauce taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had zoodles for the first time last summer and I absolutely loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really keen on zucchini usually but it's nice as zoodles. And so easy to make!

      Delete
  4. Zucchini noodles / zoodles are just great!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete