Friday, May 13, 2016

Lots of carbs

Friday:

As I mentioned yesterday, I'll need to eat lots of carbs for three days, starting Sunday. Well I started a bit early. Oh how I love bread rolls with lashings of butter! And maybe some other stuff. I just felt like, why bother trying when it's just for two more days? I know the other way of looking at it is to eat clean while I can to make up for the upcoming three days.

I've really been struggling with sticking to my plan so it's not just the carb loading, but that gave me an extra excuse to quiet the guilt demon. I think I won't be getting back on my strict plan until mid next week, after the test.

What I have been working on is drinking more, to get my body used to it before Monday when I have to hold a full bladder.

Here's a fun fact. You may have heard that non-African humans have around 3% Neanderthal DNA, well apparently red hair and freckles are linked to that! So Gingers are not straight from the devil, as some say, they are just cavemen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how my body would react now to doing three days of carbs, but I guess it is a good test for you to see how you feel after and see how it affects your body. Happy anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete