Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Titty slap

Wednesday:

A couple of things I found amusing/weird today. I dreamed I was in the library and was chosen by ASIO (our Intelligence organisation) for some kind of random screening. A timid young man was asking me questions that were scrawled on the back of a torn poster. The only question I remember was: Jamal says his father is having visions of glory and the afterlife, what do you do? My reply was: tell Jamal to get his father to a doctor because he might have a tumour pressing on his optic nerve.

Then I spent the morning in an unfamiliar suburb, principally to get Jasmine a new reed for her clarinet but also buying some other things while I was there. My foot was ok at first but very sore by the end, I parked in one place then limped around so I did quite a bit of walking. Anyway, the funny bit was when I grabbed a few things in the supermarket and went through the 12 items or less lane. As I put my bag of apples on the counter with my other items, I asked if six apples counted as one item or six? The friendly little old lady behind me cheekily said six, the cashier said it depended on the customer. Some people she wanted to punch in the face. She was a tall, hefty young lady and I certainly wouldn't want to be punched by her. We agreed that some people made us want to punch them, then she went on to say that actually what she really wanted to do was give some people a titty slap. I didn't quite understand her at first but nodded away, and she went into a bit of a detail, with actions. Inside I was half laughing, half eager to get out of there. Really, a "titty slap"? Interesting customer service motto.

Terrible food today. Snacked on all sorts of things. The only reasonably healthy thing was the beef bouguignon I made for dinner. Except for the mashed potato with cream and cheese. Which was both unhealthy and not particularly nice. My husband makes excellent mashed potato, mine is lumpy every time.

1 comment:

  1. Some people working customer service freely speak their thoughts! It's not always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete