Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Speed cut

Wednesday:

Today I got past a tricky spot in my writing. I'd made so many changes to earlier chapters and characters that one scene no longer made any sense as I'd originally written it, but I wasn't sure how to make it work. It's taken a whole week of thinking and staring at the screen and pondering. But I think I've got it now. All done. Except someone who was supposed to die in that scene now doesn't, and I'm not sure what is going to happen to him!

Not much else today. I took Aiden for a haircut after school, told the hairdresser how I wanted it to look, Jasmine and I settled with our electronic devices in the waiting area, a couple of minutes later it was done. Jasmine says she checked the time and it was literally two minutes. I have never seen such a quick haircut, but it looks good! She used clippers at the back, as usual, (number 4, not very short) but trimmed around the front and top with scissors so it's not like she just had to buzz all over. Maybe just very experienced hairdresser? They are the same place that saved Jasmine's hair when it was a tangled mess, I am very impressed with them so far.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you are writing and getting over those tricky spots!

    Some hairdressers are very good at what they do and don't require much time to get the job done! Sounds like you've found one of those.

    ReplyDelete